Over the past few months, Apple has made several strides in the healthcare market. Along with pursuing its healthcare efforts with the Apple Watch, the tech giant has also teamed up with EHR giant Allscripts.
Here are five updates on Apple:
1. Apple is working with Color, a genetic testing company, to provide its employees with free genetic screenings for diseases in the tech giant’s onsite health clinics.
2. Apple opened enrollment for three health studies, each designed and conducted in partnership with leading academic and research institutions, via the new Research app, available for download as of Nov. 14.
Want to publish your own articles on DistilINFO Publications?
Send us an email, we will get in touch with you.
3. Apple’s Health Records feature for iPhone is now available to veterans as part of the technology giant’s partnership with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
4. Apple Health Records is now available to Allscripts Sunrise, TouchWorks and Professional EHR clients and their patients.
5. In partnership with Stanford (Calif.) University School of Medicine, Apple published Nov. 13 a study indicating its Apple Watch can safely detect heart irregularities.
Source: Becker’s Hospital Review