In 2020, the healthcare technology sector will be driven by startups working in the realms of artificial intelligence ethics, genetic data exchange, quantum cybersecurity and other emerging sectors, according to a new CB Insights report.
The Game Changers 2020 report identified 12 cutting-edge technologies and techniques that will be at the forefront of health IT transformation in the next year, as well as the three most promising early-stage companies in each category.
Here are the 12 “game-changing” healthcare technologies of 2020, according to CB Insights:
- Speed-of-light chips: developing photonics-based hardware with unprecedented processing power
- Quantum cryptography: protecting sensitive data against the threat of quantum decryption
- AI transparency: building trust in AI by analyzing an algorithm’s decision-making process
- CRISPR 2.0: developing safer and more precise approaches to gene editing
- AI-based protein prediction: predicting the structure of proteins to enhance disease diagnosis and treatment
- Electrocharged therapeutics: treating diseases and ailments with electrical impulses instead of chemical drugs
- Microbiome masters: targeting the human microbiome to treat both chronic and rare diseases
- Mind-altering medicines: developing psychedelic compounds to treat mental illness
- DNA data marketplaces: enabling the secure exchange of genetic data to reward consumers and enrich medical research
- Carbon capturers: removing and recycling carbon dioxide emissions from the atmosphere
- Next-gen nuclear energy: creating new solutions to zero-emission nuclear energy production
- Sustainable shippers: reducing costs and mitigating the environmental impact of heavy-lift logistics
Source: Becker’s Hospital Review
Want to publish your own articles on DistilINFO Publications?
Send us an email, we will get in touch with you.